Purchasing a Furnace for your Heating System in Vancouver, WA
Furnaces play a very important role when it comes to the heating system in your home. In the United States there are several types of furnaces that one can find. This includes the gas furnace, followed by an electric furnace, propane furnace and oil furnace. If you are in the market for a new furnace, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Miller’s Heating & Air we pride ourselves in the fact that we can guarantee your satisfaction. We do our best to ensure you are the getting the best deal in town.
When purchasing a new furnace there are a few things one should be aware of. The first important fact to know is that the higher performance a furnace has the higher the price it just depends what suits your home best. And we will make sure you get what you are looking for. There are three main features that will affect both price and performance: efficiency, the gas valve, and the blower motor. Below will explain a little more about what these are.
Guidelines for Purchasing a New Furnace
- Efficiency is a big factor that separates low-end furnaces from high-end furnaces. Efficiency varies anywhere from 80% to 98%. When purchasing a new heating system keep in mind that higher efficiency furnaces will usually cost more than lower efficiency furnaces. However, higher efficiency also means lower energy bills and ultimately more savings.
- Gas valves are another main feature you’ll find in every furnace. The gas valve is the component that releases the gas to the furnace igniter. The gas valve determines the amount of gas that will be burned and ultimately the amount of heat that will be generated throughout your home. That been said there are 3 major types of gas valves you need to be aware of.
- Modulating gas valves: These allow for precision, comfort and ultimate performance
- Two- Stage valves: Guarantee to give you intermediate levels of performance.
- Single-Stage valves: Economy friendly model that can create a wide range of temperature changes.
- Blower Motors the blower motor is what moves the air throughout the home. There are three main kinds of blower motors. There is the Variable motor, ECM motor and the Direct drive. All three have different characteristics.
- Variable speed: Energy efficient, high performance and top of the line blower motor
- ECM motor: Power saver technology, middle line blower motor, mid- level performance
- Direct drive: Standard blower motor, not energy efficient and its at the lower end of performance
Heating Systems – Vancouver, WA
Miller’s Heating & Air offers our customers multiple furnace brands with their own advantages and benefits. When comparing heating systems, we will take our time to understand your needs and recommend a furnace solution that best suits your needs. Here are Miller’s we care about our customers and guarantee your satisfaction.
Call us today at (360) 524-2880 and request a free estimate on a new furnace installation and heating systems. We proudly service Vancouver, WA and the Portland metro area.